Cauliflower Fried RiceMarch 4, 2017
Cauliflower Crust Pizza…..EASY!March 4, 2017
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 c. ricotta
- 1/2 c. finely grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil, divided
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Make the Noodles: Slice two sides of each zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides. Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. These are your “noodles.”
- Make the Filling: Combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, and 2 tablespoons basil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the Ravioli: Lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips. You should end up with a “T” shape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time. Turn the ravioli over and place in the baking dish seam-side down. Pour marinara sauce around the zucchini. Top ravioli with mozzarella. Bake until the zucchini noodles are “al dente” and the cheese is melted and starting to brown on top; 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with more basil and parmesan and serve.